Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Christmas Story

























The Christmas Story

By
Ken Fortie

Each Christmas we read the story anew.
A story that brings us closer to
The babe born in a manger far
Beneath a bright new shining star.
Where shepherds first beheld His face
The Savior of the human race.
Where kings brought gifts of myrrh and gold
And bowed in reverance to behold
A mother who held her precious child,
And kissed his cheek each time he smiled.
She laid him in a manger where
Both king and beast beheld him there.
This child that soon would wash away
The pain and sin of all who say:
Dear Lord I come to thee in prayer,
My sins are more than I can bear,
Thy tender mercy I require
To live with thee, my one desire.
Thy love a healing balm to me,
My broken heart, my gift to thee.



















No comments: